- PSYBooks logs activities that take place within each client’s chart so you will be able to easily give an accurate accounting of who has accessed your clients’ PHI and what actions they took. Activity Log
- PSYBooks provides you with flexible, easy-to-use PHI Reports. Very Easy PHI Report
- PSYBooks gives you 5GB of free file storage that is encrypted both in transmission (as you upload your files) and also at rest (once your files are stored in PSYBooks). File Storage for Each Client Your Personal File Storage
- PSYBooks allows you to create user accounts and limit the user’s access to only those tasks they need to be able to perform their duties.User Accounts
Unfortunately, no. Each practice management system maintains its own database and they are not interconnected. You will have to reenter your client data in PSYBooks.
- Depends. When you initially signed up for ERAs, the form you submitted told the insurance company which clearinghouse you wanted to receive your ERAs. Once an ERA is sent to a clearinghouse, it’s the job of the clearinghouse to make sure the ERA gets to you.
- The clearinghouse PSYBooks uses is Office Ally. If Office Ally is your current clearinghouse, once you begin using PSYBooks, Office Ally will know to route your ERAs to your PSYBooks account and you will begin receiving them in PSYBooks automatically. However, if your ERAs are currently routed to a different clearinghouse, you will need to fill out new forms for each insurance company to get them routed to your PSYBooks account at Office Ally. We can provide you with links to the appropriate forms, with instructions for each and with the correct clearinghouse information already entered. Managing ERAs with PSYBooks
No. There’s no installation and nothing to download. When you subscribe, you’ll be asked to create a username and password. Anytime you want to access your account, all you need is a browser and a connection to the Internet.
There are no long-term commitments in PSYBooks. You are billed month to month and can cancel your subscription at any time.
- If you added or deleted a feature during the previous month
- If your subscription type changed during the previous month (e.g., maybe it went from Individual to GOI)
- If Office Ally bills you an extra fee for “Non-Par” efiling. Currently that fee is $35 a month and you only have it under certain circumstances.
If you do have Non-Par fees, we notify you ahead of time. Also, each PSYBooks subscriber has their own Manage Subscription tool where they can see when the next month’s charges are due and how much they’ll be. Managing Your PSYBooks Subscription
PSYBooks offers two types of accounts: Individual and Groups of Individuals (GOI). The Groups of Individuals account was designed to provide a discount to therapists who share the same office. GOI accounts also provide the ability for sharing calendars, making it possible for front office personnel to schedule appointments for all therapists in the office. However, calendars do not have to be shared in a GOI account. You can use these accounts just like an Individual account if you prefer.
No. Your clients’ PHI is not automatically shared with other GOI subscribers on your account. A GOI account is basically just an Individual account that has sharing features. Whether you choose to share is up to you.
Notice that Gustav is listed at the bottom of the form and that Stef can choose not only whether she wants to share her calendar with Gustav, but also, if she does, what permissions she wants him to have.
Settings such as these can be changed at any time.